Sunday, May 15, 2011

Digital Marketing workshop

WOW! I'm loving AdSchool! I got to sit in on the Digital Marketing workshop with Heather Albrecht last Friday. She was such a fantastic lecturer, the workshop was so insightful and inspiring. I came out of it feeling so energised! I couldn’t wait to get cracking on my blog again. And now I finally have some more things to add to my brain-bank. Some memorable points:

Participation Branding - "What we lose in control, we gain in brand engagement"

Matching luggage - through the line integration. Big idea = media neutral.

Viral is not a brief, it's a bonus.
It’s a commitment, not a campaign.

The three C's - Content, Community, Conversation.

Bought + Owned = Earned (media).

Facebook marketing – use to measure demographics!

FAIL FORWARD!

Prequel ads (ninemsn etc)
Before selector = 25% abandon website
with selector = 10% abandon website


Facebook plugins/social plugins - iframes

Comment/like on page without leaving site

Community Managers - not marketers/ad agency. New jobs opening up - Journalists?

Three things I'm going to do differently:

Create more online participation - ask more questions, get feedback
Try to get advertising/bought media, send to (hopefully new) website, and facebook/twitter
Get video marketing material
Get onto podcasts!
Netvibes homepage – personalised content on demand.

Social influencers – dance party video! Have to find this!

0 comments: